Dr. In 2008, Otto Wolter was one of the first ophthalmologists who switched to the innovative FemtoLASIK treatment, the safest existing refractive eye treatment. This makes him one of the most experienced physicians in the field of this proven successful treatment.
Ophthalmologist Dr. Otto Wolter is a leading refractive eye surgeon with ample experience in the field of refractive eye surgery. He was trained as an ophthalmologist at the Academic Medical Centre St. Radboud (Universitair Medisch Centrum St. Radboud) of Nijmegen, after which he returned to his birth island Aruba to work there as an ophthalmologist in the Dr. Horacia E. Oduber Hospital. In 2000, he founded Aruba’s first eye clinic.
Registration as an ophthalmologist and Ophthalmology Associations
Since 2001, Dr. Wolter is registered in the Dutch BIG register of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, as well as at the Medisch Specialisten Registratie Commissie (MSRC, Medical Specialists Registration Commission) and the Koninklijke Nederlandse Maatschappij ter bevordering van de Geneeskunde (KNMG, Royal Dutch Association for the furthering of Medicine). He has ample experience as a ophthalmologist and refractional eye surgeon at various Dutch hospitals and eye clinics.
Dr. Otto Wolter is a member of the following ophthalmology associations:
- Nederlands Oogheelkundig Gezelschap (NOG, Dutch Ophthalmology Society)
- Nederlands Gezelschap voor Refractie Chirurgie (NGRC, Dutch Society for Refractional Surgery)
- Nederlandse Intra Oculaire Implant Club (NIOIC, Dutch Intra Oculair Implant Club)
- European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- Cornea Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Pan American Association of Ophthalmology (PAAO)